From vintage to modern style, apparel majors Jackie Villalpando, a junior, and Julie Shirey, a senior, share their favorite fashion influences, stores and advice for other fashionistas.
1. Describe your overall style.
Jackie: Casual, but it depends on the week.
Julie: I like vintage influences with modern stuff.
2. What are your favorite clothing stores?
Jackie: Bebe and Macy’s
Julie: Urban Outfitters’, H & M, and vintage stores.
3. What is your favorite item of clothing or accessory?
Jackie: A purse or a handbag because you can carry anything you want in it and it compliments a simple outfit.
Julie: A purse because it goes with everything I have and it is a staple.
4. Who or what influences your fashion choices?
Jackie: Celebrities and reality shows, especially the Kardashians.
Julie: My friends, fashion magazines, blogs, and fashion history from the 1920s to the present.
5. Any fashion or style tips you would like to offer?
Jackie: It is good to stand out, but not always to follow.
Julie: Try out a lot of different looks to see what works for you.
– Jenna Ramiro, Staff Writer